The month of June offers many reasons to celebrate as we transition from spring into the summer season and celebrate Father’s Day – June 18th in the U.S. and June 25th in Haiti.
Celebratory Highlights – for all fathers and mothers
- Graduation of Scholar Danice from college in May 2017 (his story)
- Graduation of Scholar Ruchama from college in 2016 (her story)
- Graduation of our sons and daughters – congratulations (yes!)
- A Youth’s Perspective on Fatherhood, in Haiti (read)
- Father’s Inspiring Haiti – (read the fathers wall of comments)
- A Father’s Story of Lighting the Way Forward (read)
- Our Fathers, the roots from which Le Flambeau Foundation was born (Senator Emile Saint-Lot, Dr. Luc L. Colas)
See links and references for each story.
In closing, I offer these final thoughts. It is together, both parents and members of an entire generation, that we send our children into the world equipped with advantages bent on accelerating their achievements. The distance traveled by our offspring depends on the strength of their foundation – a foundation steeped in education and for which a father mentorship is pivotal – and from which a mother’s spirit nurtures; or vice versa. We thank our forefathers and embrace our responsibility in passing their lessons forward. This year 2017 Le Flambeau Foundation is celebrating its 10th year. We beam with PRIDE in what was, what is, and what will be. Enjoy your family time on Father’s Day and over the summer. A bright future is ahead!
Warmest regards,Jean St.Lot-Gervais
Le Flambeau Foundation Inc.
Board: J. St.Lot-Gervais, J. Puchner, T. Wright III, G. Collingwood, S. Colas-Gervais